In the blog post Create a Custom Picker in SharePoint 2010 there is a complete and detailed example on how to developer a custom picker for SharePoint 2010.
And in the blog post Create custom Picker and Selector control in Sharepoint you can find a little jQuery adjustment to make the edit control visible.
If you need to deploy managed metadata fields via feature, you can look at these two articles:
If you need to test your SharePoint search queries, you can use the SharePoint Search Service Tool or the FAST Search for SharePoint 2010 Query Tool.
SharePoint 2010 has been presented yesterday.
Here is the most intresting training material I've found: SharePoint 2013 training for IT pros.
In the blog article SharePoint 2013 IT Pro and Developer training materials released there is a description of the released material.
Here are the download links:
If during the install process you get an error saying "Setup has detected previous versions of this product on your computer. Setup can't continue while these are installed. Please remove the previous version before restarting this version's Setup program.", you have to remove the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\14.0
Today I had to deploy document sets via feature. Document sets are like custom content types, but with some differences:
- in the content type definition, it is needed to add the clause ProgId="SharePoint.DocumentSet";
- it is possible to define a folder option (the default is _cts\ContentTypeName);
- it is possible to make some content type fields to be projected to the contained content types;
- it is possible to define a custom docsethomepage.aspx page;
- it is possible to define the allowed children content types.
Here are some references:
Things to remember:
- the module with the page has to deployed at the SPWeb level;
- it is possiblel to define a new folder for the content type, still under the _cts folder; but if you need to reuse the default folder, remember to delete the existing docsethomepage.aspx file in your feature activation, otherwise your file will not be copied;
- shared fields have to be declared both at the document set and at the document level, then added to the dedicated section inside the XmlDocuments tag.
In this article the new synchronous event receivers for "post" properties, introduced in SharePoint 2010, are described: Synchronous Event Receivers.
A very useful blog post containing a table with the differences between list and libraries and the BeforeProperties / AfterProperties / ListItem valorizations: Working with BeforeProperties and AfterProperties on SPItemEventReceiver.
The command line used to launch SPMetail is:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN\SPMetal"
/web:http://MyWebApp:7272/sites/MySiteColl /code:MySite.cs /language:csharp
The reference page is SPMetal.
When deploy ShraePoint content types (at site collection level - SPSite) and lists (at site level - SPWeb) a common problem is that lookup columns are not mapped correctly.
As it is not possible to change the LookupList property of a SPFieldLookup, the only way to solve this problem is to updade the SchemaXml of the field!
The code is in the blog post Cannot change the lookup list of the lookup field.