In the past days I've downloaded a virtual machine from Microsoft called Information Worker Demo (now it's downloadable from the page 2010 Information Worker Demonstration and Evaluation Virtual Machine (SP1)).
It's very interesting because it contains:
- Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition x64, acting as a domain controller
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with Analysis, Notification and Reporting services installed
- Visual Studio 2010 Professional
- SharePoint 2010 Enterprise with FAST Search
- Office 2010 with Visio and Project
After having downloaded a unrared it, I've got a problem: to run it, you need Windows 2008 R2 with Hyper-V role activated, or the free Hyper-V Server, because Windows 7 cannot run Hyper-V virtual machines.
After some (not easy!) searches on Google, I've finally found this fantastic tool: StarWind V2V Converter, which allows you to convert even Hyper-V machines without the need to run them!
Another (silly) problem: the password of the Administrator account is pass@word1, the keyboard is set to American, to to enter the "@" character... press Shift+2