If you have ever developed SharePoint packages (wsp) with Visual Studio 2010, for sure you have feld a less than ideal user experience, because Visual Studio is not so integrated as WSPBuilder was with SharePoint 2007.
You can get a few of the better features of WSPBuilder installing the following add-on for Visual Studio: CKS: Development Tools Edition.
In particular, the commands I find more useful are:
- Copy to SharePoint Root
- Copy to GAC/BIN
- Recycle All SharePoint Application Pools
- Restart IIS
- Restart OWS Timer Process
- Attach to All SharePoint Processes
- Attach to IIS Worker Processes
- Attach to OWS Timer Process