Xamarin: adding Android components with problems

Working on a Xamarin project, I have added a component but I had some problem: the component was downloaded, but the dll was not referenced in the project.

I have found the explanations of the guide Walkthrough: Including a Component in your project, but it must be something simple because I add the component inside Visual Studio 2015.

Then I've found the help Quick work around for unresolved Xamarin components in Visual Studio, and I thought that this could be the case, but the files were already on the disc so the issue was not about the path length.

In the end the component was badly downloaded on the first instance, and I had to:

  • remove the components from my project
  • remove the NuGet packages related to the components from my project (founding this took me really a lot of time...)
  • clear the Components folder at the solution level
  • clear the Packages folder at the solution level

Add comment

Loading